Change a Life as a Mentor
Are you looking to make a difference in a young person’s life and change your own life at the same time? You can do just that by becoming a mentor through Moving in the Spirit’s Mentor Program.
The Mentor Program follows a group mentoring model. We match caring adult role models with a class of Moving in the Spirit dancers to provide support, encouragement and exposure to new experiences.
As a mentor, you will commit to
- Develop meaningful relationships with the dancers in your assigned class
- Help your group reach their leadership goals
- Participate in field trips and special workshops with your class
Moving in the Spirit strives to support its mentors and ensure the success of all mentor/dancer relationships. Moving in the Spirit
- Carefully interviews all mentors and dancers to create a positive group mentor match
- Provides mentor workshops and youth development training
- Organizes outings and activities for mentor and their classes
- Must have own transportation
- Pass criminal records check
Being a mentor is a truly rewarding experience. To apply for Moving in the Spirit’s Mentor Program, complete and return the provided application, or contact our Mentor Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.