Help as a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering your time, services or expertise to Moving in the Spirit? Jump on in, we’ve got a lot to do!
- Dance – opportunities include serving as an assistant or substitute teacher
- Performances –includes handing out programs, helping backstage, assisting with seating, setting up chairs, and helping with concessions.
- Tour Planning –includes helping our teen Apprentice Corporation with coordinating their summer tour, making calls to prospective tour hosts, individuals or corporations for sponsorship
- Fundraising –includes being a spokesperson for Moving in the Spirit in your community, making contacts with potential individual, corporate, or foundation donors, and organizing or assisting with fundraising events
- Gardening –includes assisting with the continued beautification of the area surrounding Moving in the Spirit’s home theater, The Beam.
- Marketing & Media/Public Relations –includes developing a marketing plan, videography and editing, photography, web and html assistance, making contacts with the media for more exposure, and working towards making Moving in the Spirit better known locally, nationally and internationally
- Cleaning – tasks include helping keep our community space clean and safe for classes and performances; and assisting with organizing our costume closet, control booth, and dressing room
- Administrative – duties include assisting with mailings, making copies, answering the telephone, contacting volunteers, faxing documents, and organizing offices
To get involved, e-mail our Human Resources Manager, Kacey Dennis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.