GLOW in Motion (Ages 9-12, girls, by audition only)
Meets Tuesdays from 6PM-7PM and Thursdays from 5 PM-6:30 PM
Annual Tuition: $585, or nine monthly payments of $65/month. Need-based financial aid is available.
Register for Classes
GLOW in Motion (GLOW stands for Girls Leading Our World) is Moving in the Spirit’s intermediate level program for 9-12-year-old girls. Created to empower young women, GLOW in Motion classes take place September through May in Moving in the Spirit’s Believe in Me Studio. Moving in the Spirit classes for the 2018-2019 program year begin on Monday, September 10.
- Movement Lab: Pre-teen Ballet (Tuesdays, 5 PM – 6 PM)
- Movement Lab: Pre-teen Rhythmic Fusion (Saturdays, 12 PM – 1 PM)
GLOW in Motion members:
- Meet 3.5 hours weekly to study modern dance, ballet, and choreography
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with female guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
- Present works they rehearse and create in a mid-year show with Men in Motion, and in our year-end show at the Rialto Center for the Arts at Georgia State University
GLOW in Motion members must complete an audition at the beginning of the year and sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
As developing young leaders, GLOW in Motion girls are dynamically engaged in the creation of choreography and the planning of program activities. GLOW in Motion members also take part in monthly educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices, and conflict resolution training.
Girls should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.