Men in Motion (Ages 10-13, Boys, by invitation)
Meets Saturdays, 10 AM – 11:45 AM (*Boys in Motion meets 10 AM – 11:15 AM)
Annual Tuition: $585, or nine monthly payments of $65/month. Need-based financial aid is available.
Registration for the 2018-2019 program year is closed.
Men in Motion is a place in which young men ages 10-13 can learn values, build confidence and practice leadership skills. Activities and choreography are specially crafted to engage the unique energies and interests of young men. This intermediate-level program takes place September through May in Moving in the Spirit’s Believe in Me Studio. Moving in the Spirit’s 2018-19 school year classes begin on Monday, September 10.
*Young men ages 8-13 who are interested in the program but are not ready to join a performance company can enroll in Boys in Motion, an open-level class that meets on Saturdays from 10 AM – 11:15 AM. Boys in Motion students study modern dance, hip-hop and the basic elements of partnering, and have the opportunity to take class with their peers in Men in Motion. (Note, tuition for this class is $50/month).
- Movement Lab: Pre-teen Ballet (Thursdays, 5 PM – 6 PM)
- Movement Lab: Pre-teen Rhythmic Fusion (Saturdays, 12 PM – 1 PM)
Men in Motion dancers:
- Study modern dance, hip-hop, and choreography
- Create energetic choreography with their peers
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy, and the key elements of dance performance
- Train with male guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography and serve as role models
- Participate in group mentoring activities through our Mentor Program
- Take part in recreational, cultural and educational field trips
- Present works they rehearse and create in a combined show with GLOW in Motion and in Moving in the Spirit’s year-end show at the Rialto Center for the Arts at Georgia State University.
Men in Motion members are invited to participate by Founder and Director Chris McCord and sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
Director Chris McCord, an alumnus of Moving in the Spirit, takes special care to provide each program participant with counseling and encouragement. Men in Motion members also take part in monthly educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, violence prevention, self-esteem and peer pressure, and conflict resolution training. This educational series is offered by trained educators and counselors.
Boys should wear a black sports shirt and black pants or shorts.