In assessing our return to in-person classes, Moving in the Spirit is considering local and national guidance and information available from the Georgia Department of Public Health.
When is it safe to return?
Based on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control, Moving in the Spirit considers a community transmission (infection) rate of 5% or lower a safe level to hold in-person classes. Should the community transmission rate be higher than the recommended 5%, all classes will remain online until the transmission rate falls within an acceptable range.
Our Program Team will update all enrolled families weekly, starting Monday, January 4, 2021, as to our ability to start in-person classes the week of February 1st.
Return To In-Person Learning
Moving in the Spirit will transition to a hybrid (mix of in-person and virtual) learning model when the overall rate for community transmission (infection) of COVID-19 in DeKalb County falls below 5%. The hybrid model consists of BOTH in-studio classes with limited capacity, as well as online classes taken from home.
In the hybrid model:
- Classes alternate weekly between meeting in-person and online
- Class teachers, days and times are the same each week for all classes, whether the class is occurring online or in person
- Please see our block schedule for more information
Monitoring community transmission:
In addition to our weekly updates to students, families can monitor community transmission via the Georgia Department of Public Health daily status report.
- Visit https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report (Note: their site takes a moment to load. Be patient!)
- Scroll down to a headline and map titled COVID-19 By County
- Click the middle tab that says “Testing”
- Place your cursor over DeKalb County on the map. Data will appear as a pop-up with the most recent transmission rates.
Moving in the Spirit has enacted strident protocols to ensure the safety of our students and staff when we return to in-person activities.
Safety measures include:
- Limited class sizes (10 students/class) with ample, marked spacing to maintain social distance
- Mask required at all times
- Enhanced check-in protocols, including temperature checks and drop-off procedures
- Mandatory studio cleanings between classes
- Frequent disinfecting
- Should community transmission rates rise above 5%, in-person classes will revert back to online instruction until the transmission rate reaches an acceptable range
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 has entered our facility, Moving in the Spirit will notify all families, cease in-person learning, and enact additional cleaning protocols. Classes will revert back to online instruction during this period.