In assessing our return to in-person classes, Moving in the Spirit considers local and national guidance and information available from the Georgia Department of Public Health.
When is in-person learning safe?
Based on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control, Moving in the Spirit considers a community transmission (infection) rate of 5% or lower a safe level to hold in-person classes. Should the community transmission rate be higher than the recommended 5%, all classes will return to online classes until the transmission rate falls within an acceptable range.
What is the Hybird Model?
Moving in the Spirit transitioned to a hybrid (mix of in-person and virtual) learning model in March 2021 when the overall rate for community transmission (infection) of COVID-19 in DeKalb County fell below 5%. The hybrid model consists of BOTH in-studio classes with limited capacity, as well as online classes taken from home.
In the hybrid model:
- Classes alternate weekly between meeting in-person and online
- Class teachers, days and times are the same each week for all classes, whether the class is occurring online or in person
- Please see our block schedule for more information
Monitoring community transmission:
In addition to our weekly updates to students, families can monitor community transmission via the Georgia Department of Public Health daily status report.
- Visit https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report (Note: their site takes a moment to load. Be patient!)
- Scroll down to a headline and map titled COVID-19 By County
- Click the middle tab that says “Testing”
- Place your cursor over DeKalb County on the map. Data will appear as a pop-up with the most recent transmission rates.
Moving in the Spirit has enacted strident protocols to ensure the safety of our students and staff when we return to in-person activities.
Safety measures include:
- Limited class sizes (10 students/class) with ample, marked spacing to maintain social distance
- Mask required at all times
- Enhanced check-in protocols, including temperature checks and drop-off procedures
- Mandatory studio cleanings between classes
- Frequent disinfecting
- Should community transmission rates rise above 5%, in-person classes will revert back to online instruction until the transmission rate reaches an acceptable range
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 has entered our facility, Moving in the Spirit will notify all families, cease in-person learning, and enact additional cleaning protocols. Classes will revert back to online instruction during this period.