GLOW in Motion Modern
April 27 @ 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:15 pm on Tuesday, repeating until May 11, 2021
GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) in Motion is Moving in the Spirit’s pre-teen program for girls ages 9-12. Created to empower, the program focuses on the positive self- identity, resilience through a curriculum rooted in social justice. Girls accepted to the program work as a team to increase interpersonal communication skills through conflict resolution training. Movement focuses on self-expression and an increased exposure to various styles of dance.
Please note: This class requires placement through an audition process, or in special cases for returning students, an invitation to re-join. If your student is selected, their training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Tuesdays, 6:15 – 7:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
*all required classes are included in the GLOW in Motion monthly tuition.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
After the selection process,GLOW in Motion members must sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
GLOW in Motion members also take part in educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices.
Due to COVID-19, for the 2021 program year, students will work towards physically distanced and video-based performances to be shared with family and friends near and far.
Students should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.