Help as a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering your time, services or expertise to Moving in the Spirit? Jump on in, we’ve got a lot to do!
Moving in the Spirit is celebrating the completion of our new arts and youth development center with a series of events the weekend of October 23 & 24, 2021, and we need your help!
For this event, we are looking for volunteers to assist with set up, break down, greeting guests, sanitizing, decoration, merchandise preparation, dance support, parade support, indoor tour support, etc. Food and snacks will be provided. Learn more on our volunteer sign-up page.
- Dance – opportunities include serving as an assistant or substitute teacher
- Performances –includes handing out programs, helping backstage, assisting with seating, setting up chairs, and helping with concessions.
- Fundraising –includes being a spokesperson for Moving in the Spirit in your community, making contacts with potential individual, corporate, or foundation donors, and organizing or assisting with fundraising events
- Marketing & Media/Public Relations –includes developing a marketing plan, videography and editing, photography, web and html assistance, making contacts with the media for more exposure, and working towards making Moving in the Spirit better known locally, nationally and internationally
- Cleaning – tasks include helping keep our community space clean and safe for classes and performances; and assisting with organizing our costume closet, control booth, and dressing room
- Administrative – duties include assisting with mailings, making copies, answering the telephone, contacting volunteers, faxing documents, and organizing offices
To get involved, e-mail our Administrative & Volunteer Coordinator, Jelani Anderson, at email@example.com.