Dear Moving in the Spirit Community,
We hope you are doing well and staying healthy. The entire team here misses you immensely, and we can’t wait to catch up, dance, celebrate and laugh with you when it’s safe for us to gather together once again.
In light of the rapid spread of COVID-19 and guidelines recommending continued physical distancing, our leadership team has made the difficult decision to suspend in-person classes for the remainder of the program year, and to cancel our May 7th performance at the Rialto and our Apprentice Corporation National Tour in June.
This is saddening for all of us, especially our students and teaching artists who have poured their creative energies, talents, and love into crafting their performances. BUT we can still move forward together.
Here’s what we’ll be doing to stay connected during this time:
- Offering weekly online classes and activities, free of charge, to our students via an online portal
- Re-designing our Summer program offerings to engage our students once in-person instruction can resume
- Planning a Grand Opening Celebration with fabulous choreography in our new home (!) once we’re able to reunite
- Sharing inspiring content on our social media platforms
Finally, we’re committed to paying our teaching artists, the heartbeat of what we do, through the end of the program year. We’re also connecting families we serve who are facing hardship to resources during this time.
If you’d like to help, please consider:
- Making a donation to support our general operations
- Donating to a bridge fund, set up by partner agency FCS, that will provide stipends to our families facing hardship: https://www.fcsministries.org/donate/ (write ‘C19’ in the designation box)
- Designating Moving in the Spirit as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile, where a portion of your purchases will benefit our programs
For daily doses of Sunshine, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We’ll be sharing uplifting videos from past performances, messages from our teaching artists, dance videos, and activities you can do with your children and grandchildren while you’re homebound.
Stay well and healthy. We love you!
Moving in the Spirit