Apprentice Corporation (Ages 13-18, by invitation only)
Meets Mondays from 5:00 PM-8:00 PM and Wednesdays from 5:00 PM-8 PM
Annual tuition: $125/month. Sliding Scale tuition is available.
Classes for the 2022-2023 program year begin on Monday, September 12, 2022 and last through May 2023.
The Apprentice Corporation is a co-ed intensive training program that cultivates dance and leadership skills in teens ages 13-18. The program is designed to encourage teens to respond to current events in their communities through the art of dance. Activities encourage resilience, positive self-identity, and the competencies needed to thrive in high school, college, and beyond.
Apprentice Corporation dancers:
- Study modern dance, ballet, West African, jazz, and hip hop
- Collaborate with their peers to choreograph choreography
- Problem-solve, provide constructive feedback, and implement solutions with peers
- Train with local and national guest artists
- Present works they co-create in multiple performances throughout the program year
- Are eligible to audition for the Moving in the Spirit Ambassador Team
NOTE: As developing leaders, Apprentice Corporation dancers are encouraged to take advantage of additional leadership opportunities with Moving in the Spirit, including teaching assistant positions, office internships, and positions on our Board of Directors. All Apprentice Corporation members sign a “commitment contract” outlining goals and responsibilities for the program year.
How to join Apprentice Corporation:
- Students interested in joining Apprentice Corporation should enroll first in our Collective Motion class
- During the week of October 3, 2022, members of Moving in the Spirit’s Program Team will visit all Collective Motion classes to assess students and select who will be invited to join
- Selected students will have until the week of October 18th to accept the invitation to join Apprentice Corporation and be present in class
If selected, the training schedule is as follows:
- Apprentice Corporation Ballet Technique (Monday, 5 PM – 6:30 PM)
- Apprentice Corporation Choreography/Improvisation (Monday, 6:30 PM – 8 PM)
- Apprentice Corporation Rhythmic Fusion (Wednesday, 5 PM – 6:30 PM)
- Apprentice Corporation Modern Dance Technique(Wednesday, 6:30 PM – 8 PM)
All required classes are included in the Apprentice Corporation monthly tuition of $125/month. Sliding scale tuition is available.Register Today!
In all classes, both online and in-person, students should wear black footless tights or leggings + a black leotard/tank top, OR a black sports shirt and black pants/ shorts, whichever is most appropriate.