GLOW in Motion (Ages 9-12, girls, by audition only)
Meets Tuesdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM and Thursdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM
Annual Tuition: $75/month. Sliding Scale tuition is available.
The 2021-2022 program year begins Monday, October 4, 2021 and runs through May 2022.
Auditions for GLOW in Motion are on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 from 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM. To audition, please register for the GLOW in Motion company so we know to expect you. Your first day of class will serve as your audition for program placement. Learn more here.
Moving in the Spirit plans to conduct classes in person for the 2021-2022 season. If the rate of community spread of COVID-19 reaches 7% or higher, classes will be conducted online until the transmission rate falls within an acceptable range. Learn more about our safety protocols.
GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) in Motion is Moving in the Spirit’s pre-teen program for girls ages 9-12. Created to empower, the program focuses on the positive self- identity, resilience through a curriculum rooted in social justice. Girls accepted to the program work as a team to increase interpersonal communication skills through conflict resolution training. Movement focuses on self-expression and an increased exposure to various styles of dance.
Please note: This class requires placement through an audition process, or in special cases for returning students, an invitation to re-join. Students not placed in GLOW in Motion upon auditioning can still take classes and perform with Moving in the Spirit. Moving in the Spirit is structured so that there is a class for everyone. Our program team will place you in an appropriate-level class so that you can build your technique and focus and prepare for next year’s assessment.
If your student is selected, their training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Tuesdays, 6:15 – 7:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
*all required classes are included in the GLOW in Motion monthly tuition.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
After the selection process,GLOW in Motion members must sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
GLOW in Motion members also take part in educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices.
Due to COVID-19, for the 2021 program year, students will work towards physically distanced and video-based performances to be shared with family and friends near and far.
Students should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.