GLOW in Motion (Ages 9-12, girls, by audition only)
Meets Tuesdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM and Thursdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM
Annual Tuition: $75/month. Sliding Scale tuition is available.
The 2021-2022 program year begins Monday, September 13, 2021 and runs through May 2022.
Based on the rate of community spread of COVID-19, all classes are currently offered in our hybrid model, which includes both in-person classes and online learning.
Audition date for GLOW in Motion is TBD. Complete your registration for the program to receive updates on the audition date and tips for preparing for your audition.
GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) in Motion is Moving in the Spirit’s pre-teen program for girls ages 9-12. Created to empower, the program focuses on the positive self- identity, resilience through a curriculum rooted in social justice. Girls accepted to the program work as a team to increase interpersonal communication skills through conflict resolution training. Movement focuses on self-expression and an increased exposure to various styles of dance.
Please note: This class requires placement through an audition process, or in special cases for returning students, an invitation to re-join. If your student is selected, their training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Tuesdays, 6:15 – 7:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
*all required classes are included in the GLOW in Motion monthly tuition.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
After the selection process,GLOW in Motion members must sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
GLOW in Motion members also take part in educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices.
Due to COVID-19, for the 2021 program year, students will work towards physically distanced and video-based performances to be shared with family and friends near and far.
Students should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.