GLOW in Motion (Ages 9-12, girls, by audition only)
Meets Tuesdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM and Thursdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM
Annual Tuition: $75/month. Sliding Scale tuition is available.
Auditions for the Winter/Spring 2021 session will be held virtually due to the ongoing pandemic. Audition videos are due by Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Learn more about the audition process and requirements.
Community-building activities for enrolled students will begin the week of January 19, 2021. Winter/Spring dance session will begin February 1, 2021.
In-person classes are scheduled to start on February 1, 2021, based on the rate of community spread of COVID-19. Currently, all classes are held virtually. Learn more about our criteria and safety precautions for returning to in-person learning.
GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) in Motion is Moving in the Spirit’s pre-teen program for girls ages 9-12. Created to empower, the program focuses on the positive self- identity, resilience through a curriculum rooted in social justice. Girls accepted to the program work as a team to increase interpersonal communication skills through conflict resolution training. Movement focuses on self-expression and an increased exposure to various styles of dance.
Please note: This class requires placement through an audition process, or in special cases for returning students, an invitation to re-join. If your student is selected, their training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Tuesdays, 6:15 – 7:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Modern (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
*all required classes are included in the GLOW in Motion monthly tuition.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
After the selection process,GLOW in Motion members must sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
GLOW in Motion members also take part in educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices.
Due to COVID-19, for the 2021 program year, students will work towards physically distanced and video-based performances to be shared with family and friends near and far.
Students should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.