GLOW in Motion (Ages 9-12, girls, by audition only)
Meets Tuesdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM and Thursdays from 5:15 PM-7:15 PM
Annual Tuition: $75/month. Sliding Scale tuition is available.
The audition period for GLOW in Motion has ended for the 2020-21 season. Join our Stepping Stones Girls in Motion class to build dance technique, make friends, and prepare for next year’s audition!
Classes begin the week of October 5, 2020 and run through the week of May 10, 2021. Due to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, all classes will be delivered online. We will continuously re-evaluate the possibility of in-person classes.
GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) in Motion is Moving in the Spirit’s pre-teen program for girls ages 9-12. Created to empower, the program focuses on the positive self- identity, resilience through a curriculum rooted in social justice. Girls accepted to the program work as a team to increase interpersonal communication skills through conflict resolution training. Movement focuses on self-expression and an increased exposure to various styles of dance.
Please note: This class requires placement through an audition process, or in special cases for returning students, an invitation to re-join. If your student is selected, their training schedule is as follows:
- GLOW in Motion Modern Dance (Tuesdays, 5:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Ballet (Thursdays, 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM)
- GLOW in Motion Rhythmic Fusion (Thursdays, 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM)
*all required classes are included in the GLOW in Motion monthly tuition.
GLOW in Motion members:
- Create choreography with their peers to explore their unique artistic voices
- Deepen their understanding of dance terminology, anatomy and the key elements of dance performance and structures
- Actively apply problem-solving, critical thinking, positive coping and leadership skills to classroom situations
- Train with guest artists from Atlanta’s professional dance community who conduct workshops, set choreography, and serve as role models
After the selection process,GLOW in Motion members must sign a “commitment contract” outlining their goals and responsibilities.
GLOW in Motion members also take part in educational workshops covering topics such as puberty and health, self-esteem and peer pressure, stereotypes and prejudices.
Due to COVID-19, for the 2021 program year, students will work towards physically distanced and video-based performances to be shared with family and friends near and far.
Students should wear black footless tights or leggings and a black leotard.
Due to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, our program year will start online on October 5th, 2020. We will continuously re-evaluate the possibility of in-person classes with a potential to return with hybrid classes in January 2021. The hybrid model consists of BOTH in-studio classes with limited capacity, as well as online classes taken from home. The days will be blocked off as “A” and “B” weeks, and will be divided evenly between in-studio and at home.